The Adult Education Center at Ain Shams University participated in the eighth meeting of the Arab Decade for the Eradication of Literacy at the headquarters of the League of Arab States, at the invitation of Minister Plenipotentiary Dr. Farag Al-Ajmi, Director of the Department of Education and Scientific Research at the League of Arab States, and Prof. Walid Othman; Dr. Islam Al-Saeed, Director of the Center for Adult Education, Ain Shams University, participated in the eighth meeting of the Higher Coordination Committee for the Arab Decade for the Eradication of Literacy (2015-2024) at the headquarters of the General Secretariat of the League of Arab States, Department of Education and Scientific Research, with the participation of delegations from; Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Yemen, Tunisia, Lebanon, Libya, the Sultanate of Oman, Sudan, and Jordan, with the participation of many parties, including; The Adult Education Center, Ain Shams University, the General Authority for Adult Education, the Arab Republic of Egypt, the Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science “ALECSO”, the UNESCO Regional Center for Adult Education “ASFK”, the Arab Network for Adult Education, the Arab House for Learning and Development “Ahed”, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization Arab Scout Organization.
The meeting discussed the following:
1. Follow up on what has been implemented regarding the recommendations of the seventh meeting.
2. An evaluation presentation of the matrix of activities of the Arab Decade for Literacy and Adult Education "Critical Reading".
3. Presenting the experiences of Arab countries in activating the activities of the Arab Decade for Literacy and Adult Education.
4. Greening is an introduction to adult education and learning to achieve and sustain development in the Arab world.
5. The "Marrakech" framework is a critical reading in the light of the objectives of the Arab decade for literacy and adult education.
6. A presentation on the training course for developing the competencies of adult education and learning trainers in order to empower displaced and refugee women in stable places in the Arab countries on the methodology of women and life.
7. A future vision in the light of global reports.
8. Following up on the recommendations of countries regarding a phased evaluation of the Arab Decade for Literacy and Adult Education and a vision for future steps.
9. Updates on the website of the Arab Decade for Literacy and Adult Education.
10. The Arab House for Learning and Development "Ahed" is an opportunity to activate the role of Arab civil society to achieve the objectives of the contract.