1. Providing distinctive education in pure mathematics and computer sciences consistent with the international academic criteria and community’s requisites.
2. Graduating alumni specialized in pure mathematics and computer sciences who are capable of competing in the labor market.
3. Contributing graduates of this program with basic knowledge in basic sciences such as: physics, chemistry, pure mathematics and mathematical statistics.
4. Giving graduates of this program the ability to draft different problems and analyzing them algorithmically to solve them using the double major, and developing the skills of dealing with problems around them.
Features of the program and job opportunities
Graduates of this program enjoy high level of skills that make them capable of working at:
* Research centers
* Programing and web design companies
* To enroll in the pure mathematics and computer sciences program, the student is required to enroll in the first term of the first level in the mathematics program, then the pure mathematics and computer sciences program in the second term of the first level.
* Students upgraded from the first level to the second level will continue studying the same double major until their graduation according to the conditions that will yearly be set by the mathematic department and approved by the Faculty Council. The Faculty Council determines the minimum number of students in each branch.
Pure mathematics and computer sciences program coordinator: Dr. Azza Abdulrahman Taha 01066970200
Dr. Hatem Bahig (deputy): 01006232033
Faculty Staff in the specializations of Pure Mathematics and Computer Sciences in the Mathematics Department.