Distinctive features of the program
1. The importance of Mathematical Statistics and Computer Sciences Program is represented in the integration between the fields of mathematical statistics and computer sciences. Mathematical statistics is considered the backbone for many computer sciences fields. Computer Sciences field is irreplaceable in many of mathematical statistics applications. Therefore, the graduate of this program will have distinctive features that fit labor market needs which strongly require both fields.
2. With the scientific and technological progress, there is no field either in practical or scientific fields that does not depend on mathematical statistics or computer sciences. Due to the importance of these two fields and students’ awareness of their compatibility with labor market needs as well as their importance in scientific research fields, the number of students is increasing to register in this program.
3. Due to the scarcity of mathematical statistics specialization, graduate of this program will be distinctive because of its specialization in mathematical statistics and its familiarity with computer sciences as well.
4. There is summer training in some crucial State institutions for this program’s students.
5. There is a cultural agreement with Osbsbruck University in Germany which outstanding students of this program can benefit from.
1- Student is to receive high level of education in the basic mathematical fields according to the academic standard criteria.
2- Student is to acquire the skill of dealing with different mathematical concepts.
3- Student is to acquire the skills necessary in the field of mathematics which qualify it to compete in the labor market.
Student is to acquire the skills that will qualify it for self-learning, continuing post-graduate studies and prepare scientific theses in the field of mathematics.