The people of Haya Center and City received the comprehensive medical and educational development convoy, which was prepared and organized by the Community Service and Environmental Development Sector at the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies for Childhood, in which five other faculties from Ain Shams University participated (Faculty of Arts - Faculty of Nursing - Faculty of Dentistry - Faculty of Specific Education - Faculty of Al-Athar), and the Rotary Heliopolis Sporting Club, which was held at the School of Intellectual Education in Hahya, Sharkia Governorate on Saturday, May 14, 2022.
The convoy was under the auspices of Prof. Dr. Mamdouh Ghorab, Governor of Sharkia, Prof. Dr. Mahmoud El-Metini, President of Ain Shams University, Prof. Dr. Hesham Tamraz, Vice President for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs, and Deans of the faculties participating in the convoy from Ain Shams University (Prof. Dr. Howayda El-Gebali, Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies for Childhood, Prof. Dr. Mustafa Mortada, Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Prof. Dr. Sahar Mousa, Dean of the Faculty of Nursing, Prof. Dr. Muhammad Diaa, Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry, Prof. Dr. Osama Al-Sayed, Dean of the Faculty of Specific Education, Prof. Dr. Mamdouh El-Damaty, Dean of the Faculty of Archeology).
The convoy was organized and supervised by Prof. Dr. Randa Kamal Abdel Raouf, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies for Childhood Affairs for Community Service and Environmental Development, in coordination with the Vice Deans for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs for the participating Facultys from Ain Shams University, and the partners in the success of this convoy (Prof. Dr. Rasha Al-Didi, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Arts - Prof. Dr. Hiam Tantawy, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Nursing - Prof. Dr. Ramy Ghali, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry - Prof. Dr. Amr Khalil, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Specific Education - Prof. Dr. Ahmed Al-Shawki, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Archeology).
Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Abdel Halim - Assistant Professor at the Department of Media and Children's Culture at the faculty participated in coordinating and organizing the convoy.
The participants in the convoy were greeted by Counselor Hamdi Shama, Head of the Hahya Center and City - Mr. Ahmed Madi, Vice President of Hahya City and Coordinator of the Convoy, Mr. Hatem Mahmoud, Director of the Bahia Educational Administration - Mr. Tawfek Hammad, Branch Manager of the National Bank Bahia Branch - Dr. Imad Alawi, Director General of Higher Education in the Educational Administration - Professor Muhammad Makkawi, Director of the Youth and Sports Department - Mr. Saeed Awad, Director of the Social Solidarity Department - Mr. Atef Ibrahim, Chairman of the Hahia Sports Club Council, Mr. Mustafa Muhammad, Director of the School of Intellectual Education in Bahia, and a group of local community leaders and decision-makers from Civil society and People's Assembly deputies for the district and city of Hahya, Mr. Hatem Abdel Aziz and Mr. Amr Shaalan.
Doctors and specialists from the Center for the Care of Persons with Special Needs provided distinguished medical, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative and awareness services for children of determination and their families who came from all the villages and hamlets of the Haya Center.
Prof. Dr. Randa Kamal explained that the Center for the Care of Children with Special Needs - Faculty of Graduate Studies for Childhood participated in a large number of specialists in the treatment, follow-up and rehabilitation of all cases of people with special needs, through whom integrated services and awareness campaigns were provided, and the necessary medicines were provided for children with special needs, where they debated about 200 cases of children with special needs. Pediatricians participated, including Dr. Lamis Makkawi - teacher of neurology in the Department of Pediatric Medical Studies at the Faculty, Dr. Iman Alaa - teacher of Pediatrics in the Department of Pediatric Medical Studies at the Faculty, Dr. Rania Sami - Fellow of Pediatrics in the Department of Postgraduate Studies for Childhood and Head of the Oxygen Therapy Unit at the Center for Children with Special Needs, Dr. Naglaa Salah - Fellow of Pediatrics in the Department of Postgraduate Studies for Childhood, where they signed the examination and treatment of children with special needs and cases including (epilepsy cases - Autism - brain atrophy - general delay in mental development and cases of hyperactivity and attention deficit - colds - stomach flu - Down syndrome - cerebral palsy - respiratory diseases and cases of physical violence against For themselves and against others, most cases have been transferred to units of behavior modification, family counseling, intelligence testing, skill development, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
Mothers were made aware of how to deal with motor disabilities and early detection of them, then directed them to the Family Counseling Unit and the Physiotherapy and Motor Rehabilitation Unit.
Awareness-raising for autism cases and a treatment plan were made, and it was advised to follow up at the Center for Children with Special Needs.
- Awareness was also raised about the sessions of hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Some cases that need follow-up were transferred to the Care Center for Children with Special Needs, and Dr. Enas Radi, a teacher in the Department of Psychological Studies at the Faculty, conducted an awareness campaign for parents entitled bullying among children and ways to deal with it, as well as Dr. Mona Fakli, and Dr. Muhammad Al-Sawy, the speech specialists at the Center for the Care of Children with Special Needs, conduct an awareness campaign about delayed speech and help a child with language delays.
A speech assessment was made for cases of language delay - mental delay - hearing impaired - stuttering.
- Guidance and awareness-raising work was carried out for all children's parents on how to deal with a child with a delay in language development.
- Conversational rehabilitation sessions were given to some children with language development delays.
A treatment and speech rehabilitation plan was presented to deal with children.
- A number of cases were transferred to the Center for Children with Special Needs, where Dr. Hiyam Azzam - Consultant in the Family Guidance Unit at the Center for Children with Special Needs conducted an awareness campaign for parents about ADHD.
Assessment of various cases of behavior disorders and hyperactivity
- Providing and distributing paper-based nutritional behavioral guidelines for the cases. Dr. Amira Omar - Head of the Self-Care Unit at the Children with Special Needs Care Center received and diagnosed cases (slow learning - mental retardation - visual impairment - autism)
- Parents were provided with live guidance and training on self-care skills and psychological support.
- An awareness campaign was conducted for parents about how to deal with embarrassing behavior in children, Dr. Omnia Farouk - Head of the Behavior Modification Unit at the Center for Children with Special Needs evaluated and referred a number of cases of behavior modification, and also provided instructions on violence and behavioral disorders and directed Some instructions for parents regarding behavioral disorders, and Dr. Aya Massad - Dr. Ahmed Zuhdi, specialists in psychiatry and intelligence measurement at the Center for Children with Special Needs, made intelligence tests for children with special needs, such as: Stanford-Binet Test Fifth Picture - Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Test - Welland test of adaptive behavior - Cars test to measure autism, and Dr. Omar Mohamed and Mr. Ahmed Maghribi - physiotherapists and kinesthetic rehabilitation specialists at the Care Center for Children with Special Needs examined and examined cases of motor disabilities and gave them the necessary treatment plan and transferred some cases to the center to complete treatment.
- Awareness of motor development in children and problems of motor delay and early detection.
- The Dayton scale was made to measure sensorimotor perception. Dr. Alaa Younes, a specialist in the Skills Development Unit at the Center for Children with Special Needs, evaluated the cases, provided them with qualifying sessions, and transferred some cases to the center.
- Awareness has been done with mothers on how to develop the child's skills, and parents will be contacted for follow-up.
• The Faculty of Arts participated in the convoy by providing the following services:
- Holding an awareness meeting on the dangers of illiteracy and helping illiterate people who are able to read and write to take advantage of the opportunity of the convoy delivered by Dr. Saad Rizk, literacy coordinator at the Department of History - Faculty of Arts.
- Conducting level measurement tests with preparation for opening illiterate classes for the benefit of the Faculty students from the people of the governorate in cooperation with the Adult Education Authority.
- An educational meeting was held with the people of the city about the importance of the province’s heritage and history through the ages in order to preserve the national heritage. It was delivered by Dr. Muhammad Al-Qasim, the assistant professor in the Department of History and Director of the Studies and Training Center - Faculty of Arts, with the participation of Dr. Sawsan Issa, a teacher at the Faculty of Archeology.
- Conducting an entertaining competition for the parents’ attendance and distributing a large number of in-kind gifts provided by the Egyptian Clothing Bank, which are women’s and children’s clothing, bags, sports shoes and T-shirts, to encourage them and their children with disabilities to belong, in implementation of the axes of Egypt’s Vision 2030.
- Assisting the Faculty of Specific Education by providing printable T-shirts for distribution to children with special needs.
The Faculty of Nursing provides the following services:
Measuring blood pressure and sugar.
- Awareness about the prevention of chronic diseases such as heart, blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Awareness about the dangers of addiction - Awareness about proper nutrition.
- a. M. Dr.. Asmaa Abdel Rahman, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Nursing, has raised awareness about breast cancer screening and trained in periodic breast examination.
- Awareness about reproductive health and family planning - Awareness of breastfeeding and its importance for mother and child - Awareness of how to detect chronic diseases through measuring blood sugar and pressure).
• The Faculty of Dentistry has provided the following services:
- Awareness was done on how to preserve teeth.
- The patients attending the clinic were examined, and the required treatment was carried out, including extraction and cleaning.
- Some cases have been transferred to Zagazig University and Ain Shams University.
The Faculty of Specific Education - Department of Art Education, under the leadership of Prof. Dr.. Ayman Ramzy, a professor at the Art Education Department, provided the following services:
A special workshop was held to print textiles using pre-empty stencils, and children with special needs of all ages were dealt with by printing on white T-shirts.
- Raising awareness on how to maintain the T-shirt after printing and how to clean it.
- Clarifying the steps for printing methods, starting from the design until printing it, by clarifying the tools and materials used.
The Faculty of Archeology has provided the following services:
- Doing artistic activities and teaching the hieroglyphic language and writing on papyrus.
- held Dr. Sawsan Issa, a teacher at the Faculty of Archeology, has an educational seminar on the archeology, treasures and history of Sharkia Governorate.
- Conducting a competition, presenting gifts to the contestants, and distributing cultural brochures on the ancient Egyptian civilization.
- Conducting interactive activities to raise archaeological awareness by coloring the various Pharaonic drawings and introducing the papyrus plant, planting it, making it and writing on it.
- Introducing the ancient Egyptian's entertainment, boating, the game of cents, the origin of the game of chess, and the explanation of mummification, the tools used and its secrets.
• Members of the Heliopolis Sporting Rotary Club headed by Eng. Heba Al-Marsafawi and the participation of Mrs. Dalia Badawi, Mrs. Faten Bilal, Mrs. Nafeen Anis, Mrs. Hala Ayman, Dr. Manal Abdo, and Dr. Reham Shalaby brought a large group of the medicines for children that need treatment
T-shirts for printing were distributed through the Faculty of Specific Education, and a large number of them were distributed to those who frequent the convoy.
- Distributing toys to children (puppets - cars - educational aids)
- Some cases were helped and contacted because they needed prosthetic limbs.
Awareness work on early detection of breast cancer and methods of prevention and treatment
At the end of the convoy, a group workshop was held on the causes of the emergence of genetic diseases and birth defects that lead to disability. They were discussed with governorate officials, decision-makers, and a group of civil society.
Prof. Dr. Randa Kamal presented a proposal that there be a national system to reduce disability represented by the concerned authorities of university professors specialized in this field and the Ministry of Health to carry out early detection and diagnosis, and the role of health insurance is to provide treatment and prosthetic devices, and rehabilitation is provided through NGOs working in the field of disability, and all this work is under the umbrella of the National Council for Disability and the Ministry of Social Solidarity, and Ain Shams University is the locomotive that pushes these parties to the right path to reduce the occurrence of disabilities and correct the wrong concepts and behaviors of society towards the problem of disability in Egypt, starting with the concept of disease prevention Genetic and birth defects that lead to disability and early detection of disability.