Disabled Students Services Center at Ain Shams University - Register now
To visit center website click here
Disabled students are admitted to the faculties of (Arts - Law - Commerce), provided that they obtain a high school diploma this year, with a total score of at least 50%, while meeting the geographical distribution requirement in accordance with the decision of the Supreme Council of Universities in this regard.
For students with disabilities who are blind and in accordance with the decisions of the Supreme Council of Universities may be transferred or admission upon the exhaustion of repetition times as an exception to the total requirement in accordance with disability cases.
* Provide all student assistance through the central and sub-takaful fund in the faculties to help students with special needs from paying tuition fees, university city fees and treatment for their patients.
* Provide the necessary facilities and facilities to facilitate the involvement of students with special needs in the activities conducted at the university to give them the opportunity to have a positive role in the community and to exploit their potential in the best possible way.
* Exclude them from the conditions of admission to university cities, and cover their expenses in full from the Takaful Fund.
* Spending the financial grant allocated to them and provided by social affairs.
* Participation of these students in training courses specially prepared for them at the Public Service Center and the vision center, in the same period of half-year leave and the first two weeks of the second semester at the expense of the Central Social Solidarity Fund.
* Preparation of courses for the special groups of them to teach wood works (art education) and music through the Faculty of Specific Education.
* Strive continuously to improve the level of educational service provided for blind students and prepare textbooks to suit their situation in order to enable them to have the ability to achieve educational and follow-up scientific courses and the development of an effective mechanism to deal with the blind students just like dealing with their peers.
* Preparation of special committees for exams for students with special needs (handicapped - visually impaired) through the provision of a note to write to the student, and in the case of language materials, the competent section to provide a teacher or one of the specialists to ensure the conduct of the exam for the student.... As for the blind student is exam through specialized computers according to Braille.
* A unified entity was established to serve the students with special needs at the university under the name of “Will Knights Club" and it is headquartered in the Sports Activity Department at the General Administration of Youth Welfare.