Ain shams university established in 1950, it is the third oldest university in Egypt, the university includes 15 faculties and 2 high institutes. It includes more than 180,000 students, 5,000 staff members, 4,000 assistant staff and more than 100 centers and special units.
Ain Shams University, as the third Egyptian university, was founded in July 1950 under the name of "Ibrahim Pasha University". It participated with the two earlier universities, "Cairo University" (Fua'd the 1st) and "Alexandria University" (Farouk the 1st) in fulfilling the message of universities and meeting the increasing demand of youth for higher education.
After the revolution of July 23, 1952 it was changed to the current name "Ain Shams University," which on the Arab name of the city, "O'n"or "Heliopolis" and university is the oldest university in history where established since five thousand years ago, and it has been to this university wide fame as in science and a special study in the field of astronomy, engineering and medicine .A number of celebrities and scientists from all over the world has studied in it such as Plato, Archimedes, Plotinus.
The university since its inception in the mid-last century, has struggled with all its strength to activate resources and capability and enrich the experiences of students supported in all the scientific expertise and intellectual professors and drawing on all the innovations and methods of scientific and technological addition to visions of social actors in order to serve all sectors and disciplines